DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT AN AD FLOW MODEL that improves and perpetuates overall customer service, quality and revenue performance
Designed and implemented a streamlined Ad Flow Model impacting Advertising Sales, Production, Marketing Development, Finance, and a newly designed department, Ad Central. The new ad flow structure provided an enhanced quality assurance process designed to reduce advertising adjustments through decreased errors, and a reorganized Advertising department focused on increasing revenue through enhanced sales support and improved selling practices.
- 5% increase in sales rep time for generating ad revenue
- 19% increase in sales activity for sales representatives
- 47% improvement in revenue generated by speculative ad sales
- 9% improvement in ad inches sold
- 85% increase above plan in new business cold calls resulting in new advertisers sold (50 in two months)
- 40% improvement in turnaround time for spec ads from 5 to 3 days
- 4% improvement in number of ads sold
- 100% proof turnaround in 24 hours
- 100% of all display ads being ordered by AdCentral rather than Sales Representatives
- 99% ability to track all display and classified ads with ad tracking System
- 300% increase in quality assurance checks implemented throughout the ad flow process (from 2 to 8)
- 100% adherence to quality standards on ads turned into Production
- 19% increase in productivity in Prepress Production
Key Changes and Operational Benefits
- Developed and implemented operational models in Advertising Sales, Marketing, AdCentral, Production and the Finance departments with new roles, responsibilities, routine days and procedures that support a high performance organization.
- Established prospect “profiles” and appropriate approach to reach those potential customers- Pre-call preparation, first call expectations through first order and “welcome” process for new customer
- Trained Account Reps – Selling effectively with Speculative Ads, “first call checklists”, using the weekly sales planner, etc.
- Designed and implemented a new customer service department to ensure quality and timely trafficking of ads
- Developed and implemented standards of performance in all departments to support the newly defined processes.
- Implemented a daily performance management and communications process including Key Indicator Reports and Daily Quick Huddles
- Implemented skills based routing of work in Prepress Production and Market Development to improve quality, consistency and service
- Designed and implemented an Employee Skills Program for an employee population base of 152 through 10 training modules
- Designed and implemented a Management Training Program for a management population base of 34, enabling managers to be effective in the redesigned environment